Don’t ride without your action camera rolling!
There’s nothing better than to be on the road riding, touring the Pacific Coastline with friends on your bikes…
We all have great memories of trips we’ve taken. We even have pictures sitting around the campfire or in cheap motel rooms with bed bugs and bad coffee.
Put Eyes On The Back Of Your Head with Dual Lenses
At Best Dash Cameras, we’ve done the research and have multiple camera solutions loaded with high-tech features for you that will help keep your memories alive.
And best of all, these camera rigs won’t cost you
$1000s for gear with quality specs…
The best camera for motorcycle touring records video and sound from the front and rear of your bike so you never miss a moment again of something you’ll talk about for years to come.
Record Every Moment Of Your Road Trip In HD Video
What to look for in a good camera for your motorcycle…
- You can get camera mounts that will fit anywhere you want your camera to go, even attach an action cam to your helmet for really crazy riding.
- The rechargeable batteries last for hours and you can plug the camera into a 12v accessory outlet or wire it straight in and never have to worry about missing a moment.
- The best camera for bikers is the one that can record for hours in HD 1080 with a wide angle lens – a 32GB SD card provides enough storage to record the day. And you can easily switch out the SD card for more capacity, especially if you’re recording sound, too.
- If you’re going to ride in the rain, also consider a waterproof camera. For more information, you can check out our user’s guide if you still have questions about camera features.
The cameras we’ll go over are perfect for the rider who spends his and her time touring and vlogging the nomad lifestyle on the road.
Below, you’ll find the 10 best motorcycle camera systems and accessories ready to be mounted on your motorcycle whenever you’re ready to roll. And, best of all, some of them can be mounted in your car or truck, too.
Watch This Video From The INNOVV C5 Camera (Featured On Motorcycle.com & Road Runner Magazine)
Find out more by reading INNOVV C5 Dash Cam Reviews on Amazon
- Rugged Waterproof Aluminum Casing Designed For All Outdoor Motor Sport Vehicles
- Full HD 1080P Video Resolution at 30 Frames Per Second. Connect to The Smart Phone Application With Built in Wi-Fi
- Various Video Cable Lengths Options to Meet Different Installations Requirements 1.8 meter, 3 meter, 5 meter. (Choose your size when purchasing, only one size is included with camera)
- Waterproof DC 12V to 5V Converter
- INNOVV C5 As Featured On Motorcycle.com WebBikeworld.com and in Road Runner Magazine
Best Camera For Motorcycle Touring (Compare the Specs)
- Professional Motorcycle Dash Cam: Without having to deal with batteries, plug/unplug, turning on/off, getting dizzy of the large swing of the video, or adding tons of weight on your helmet.
- Dual Lenses Motorcycle Security Camera: Both front and rear 1080P Full-HD resolution video and photo shooting, SONY IMX323 CMOS to get overall enhancement of imaging performance in dark light environment, and 155 degree wide angle to cover multiple lanes
- Be An Expert Not Only in Daytime: Enough light intake is the first step to ensure night imaging. HaloCam biker's camera is featured with F1.8 large aperture to capture 30% more light and provide you with super night vision
- WiFi and App Controlled Biker Cam: Using the HaloCam Moto App to connect your phone with the camera easily via camera's WiFi, no phone data required, then you can view real-time video, download, edit(clip & add music), and share the video directly on your phone
- Video Recorder w/GPS and Wired Control: GPS antenna provided for the riding route tracking; wired control not only help you lock one 15s video from the front lens, but also take 1 picture each of both lenses when emergency or impressive things happen
- Easy Video- Special Video Recorder Designed for Motorbike， recording from your motorcycle's view, rather than your helmet.1080p Bikercam Motorcycle Camera Recorder with auto-start and stop recording at ignition and shutdown
- Smart Protection Data-TR sensor lock is automatically turned on when astrong objects is touched or swung in the camera, when the G-sensor lock icon is display on displayed on the scream, the locked file will not be overwritten by the file
- 720p Dual Lens And 3.0 LCD Display- 1280*720P 30fps Full-HD resolution video and photo, 6-glasses lens, 170° wide angle; 3'LCD display ,Super night vision
- IP68 Waterproof -both lenses are protected from dust and capable of withstanding water immersion between 15 cm and 1 meter for 30 minutes. Allows you to use it under the most of weather conditions. (Please note the monitor isn't waterproof. When it's raining, you can put the monitor into motorcycle's trunk)
- Seamless Loop-Micro SD :8G -32G CLASS6, when the TF card is full, loop recording will overwrite the oldest footage to ensure the video record continuously; it will not overwrite the video been locked
- DV188 motorcycle dash cam has 2.7" high resolution LCD display Screen, can watch while shooting or playback the video.(Please note the monitor isn't waterproof. When it's rainny, you can put the monitor into motorcycle's trunk)
- High Definitiaon Video Camcorder : Two mode for optional,full HD 1280x1080P,or HD1280x720P.Dual Camera,includes 2 waterproof FHD cameras, separate waterproof lens with low illumination. Record the action from front and back of your motorcycle simultaneously.130°Wide Angle can capture a larger viewing area.
- G-Sensor Lock:Automatic trigger for file protection,locked file not to be removed by loop recording to keep the record of sensor data at emergency situation.
- The Motorcycle Dash Cam comes with F2.2 splendid aperture. Super night vision; seize light as much as possible and present good image when at night.Front and Rear 1080p Dual Lens (Please note the rear camera shows mirror image)
- This Motorcycle Action Camera with Super fast and stable chipset Allwinner V3; advanced H.264 video compression technology; WDR; Loop recording
- 【With 3-inch display and dual lens】You can preview pictures with the screen to facilitate motorbike camera installation；Motorcycle DVR is with an HD1080p front camera and a 720P rear-view camera. It supports 2 channel recording at the same time.
- 【with wried controller】DVR supports wired controller. Important data can be saved manually to avoid being covered.
- 【Wi-FI function】This dual lens motorcycle DVR support Wi-Fi function. IOS and Android mobile phone can connect to dvr via Wi-Fi. You can preview picture and playback videos by mobile phone.
- 【Powered by motorcycle】Main DVR and display are all in one. DVR is connected to motorcycle battery, ACC key or USB port.
- 【Loop recording】This camera dvr max supports 128GB memory micro-sd card and loop recording.
- The ADAS (Advanced Driver Assistance Systems) - the most advanced and optimized visual recognition algorithms ensure safe driving by providing real time Lane Departure
- Emergency recording feature - Enabled by G-sensor technology, the camera automatically saves footage in the events leading up to a collision and immediately after
- High Definition Image and First-class Night vision - 1920x1080p 60fps high speed video recording captures fast moving scenes and creates high resolution images in high speed.
- Features 165 ultra wide-angle to reduce blind spots and obtain full 3 lane coverage. F1.8 apertures (the largest in the industry) and 3.0mx3.0m high sensitivity image sensors guarantee excellent night vision
- Built - in 2.7" TFT LCD widescreen and intuitive YI Dash Cam App - The interface features large buttons and user-friendly icons for quick recognition and intuitive operation
- Especially Designed for Bikers: 2 channel separated cameras with each standard 2.5 meters extension cable for front and rear view recording. Good stability and friendly operation will let you enjoy the ride!
- Superb Image Quality: Both camera are equipped with SONY IMX323 CMOS image sensor, 7-layer all glass lens, 170° super wide angle. Bring you a super sharp image quality, and crystal clear video.
- Best Weatherproof Solution: IP67 waterproof cameras, and especially designed waterproof case. Allows you to use it under any weather condition.
- Super Capacitor Design: Without risk of battery explosion and with much longer life compared to lithium battery. Power through motorcycle's battery never need to be charged. No need to worry about charging problem at all.
- Auto Power On/Off: With the self-designed smart power module, it starts automatically by detecting the voltage and vibration of your bike and turns off about 3 minutes later once the bike is not being used.
- This model has been replaced by: Sykik Rider CR1
- Pair of 720p (Stipulated) Action cameras for front and back recording simultaneously.
- 2" picture in picture monitor, to view both front and back. Recording from your bike's view, rather than your helmet.
- 5 hours of DVR recording through 32GB memory card, with Emergency recording incase of accedent.
- Specially designed for Motorcycle action camera and recording with one year Sykik US warranty
- The whole unit (the screen and the camera) of this device is waterproof (IP67 rated), it is absolutely all right to use in a raining day.
- The product equips two Sony 323+6 light sensors ,and waterproof lens case, so it is not only waterproof but also has great image quality.
- The dash camera has 960*480 dots display, to compare with other Dash camera, it is particularly bright during the night time.
- GPS function for optional,GPS mount is not include in the package,Note: not work with IOS system.
- This dash camera is uniquely designed for motorcycles, by using V30 solution, and 2G DDR, the recorder can easily handle 1080P graph, both front and rear.
- Meknic Motorcycle Camera Designed for All Motorcycles:Recording from your motorbike's view, rather than your helmet, it is compatible with all motorcycle models. You can easily mount on any type of motorcycle.
- Dual Lens Both FHD1080P Video Recording:Meknic Motorcycle Dash Camera has dual front and rear cameras which allows you to record every action from front and back of your motorcycle simultaneously. Equipped with CMOS sensor, this Motorcycle Security Camera can shoot professional 1080p videos and photographs. The 2-channel recording channel feature allows you to swap images if need be. allowing you to swap images when play backing on the monitor
- Detailed Instruction, Easy for Installation:Meknic A7 motorcycle dash camera provides detailed instruction on how to effectively install the dash cam on your motorcycle. The contents of the manual are conveniently organized for quick reference.
- Super-Fast and Stable Chipset, No Freeze:Meknic A7 motorcycle camera system allows you to record every activity, scenery, and the environment from your bike's point of view. WDR; Loop Recording; G-Sensor.automatic trigger for file protection,locked file not removed by loop recording,It also boasts advanced H.264 video compression technology.
- 2.7" Inch High-Resolution 960*240 LCD Screen:A larger LCD display screen enables you to view videos and pictures more clearly. The video and picture quality will be better when playing back on your computer or smartphone. Please note that the monitor is not waterproof. When it is rainy, you can put the monitor into motorcycle's truck.
- Product Description:
The OXOQO Motorcycle camera is designed specifically for motorbike riders.
Through loop recording, night vision, motion detection, emergency lock, time stamp, instant playback, WDR, to bring you a safe riding experience
G sensor data protection automatically senses a crash and saves the video files before, during and after so they are not overwritten or corrupted. 3.0" bright and clear screen making viewing playback and menu functions easy.
- Recording in all directions: Dual dashcam mounted in both front and rear, extraordinary 170 degrees front lens 1080P, rear lens 120 degrees 720P, high-definition shooting and wide angle
- Automatic power on/off : Starts automatically with your ignition, or any movement and turns off once the bike is not being used, super convenient and quick!
- IP68 waterproof cam: Waterproof and shockproof lens, work well even in heavy rain and bumpy road
- Intelligent infinite loop video: Automatically loop recording, no need setting, automatically delete old unlocked videos, always have space for important new video
We’re not done yet…
Along with the best cameras for motorcycle touring, we’ve added the best selling helmet mount action cams just in case you don’t want to permanently mount a camera to your pride and joy. Or, for those folks who ride multiple cycles and want to record all your adventures from a helmet cam that gives you more flexibility…
Best Helmet Mounted Action Cams
- Super 4K recording +Sony sensorcampark 4K sports action camera records video footage in 4K/30Fps and takes photo at 16M. Campark action cameras help you capture and share your world in a fantastic resolution.
- 2 inch HD screen + 170°ultra wide angle lensthis action Cam with 2 inch HD screen and 170 Degree lens, you won't miss out on any background details and the support of 32GB on an micro SD card will let you store all your photos and videos right on the camera.
- Wi-fi remote controlaction cameras compatible with iOS and Android System.The sports camera allows you control camera via the phone in real time, what is more, instantly send Pics and videos via email or Share them on social media easily.
- Waterproof up to 30m(98Feet) depththe waterproof case design for underwater world.Waterproof up to 30 meters.Ideal for water sports like swimming, drifting, surfing etc.
- Dual recharger batteries + mounting Accessories kitsincreased long battery life up to 180 minutes (Dual rechargeable lithium batteries) shooting timee along with tons of free accessories. Multifunctional accessories enable you to mount your camera to helmet, bicycles, wrist, etc ( carrying case not included )
- 【FULL HD VIDEO AND PHOTO RESOLUTION】 - 12MP and 1080P together can make sure you capture high quality pictures and videos easily. And 170°wide-angle lens allows you to shoot wider scenes and catch more amazing moment of your surroundings.
- 【METERS WATERPROOF PERFORMANCE】 - With the solid and pretty waterproof case, you can dive into water up to 98 feet / 30 meters. Perfect for water sports, such as swimming, diving, surfing and so on. You can explore the unknown underwater world.
- 【WIRELESS REMOTE CONTROL CONNECTION】 - After connecting with your phone via Wi-Fi, you can directly operate the camera in "iSmart DV" APP on your cellphone, such as recording videos, taking pictures. Besides, you can download, delete and view files.
- 【2 RECHARGEABLE HIGH-CAPACITY BATTERIES】 - The camera comes with two rechargeable 1050mAh batteries. No more worry for power running out during the happy times with your family and friends in a short time. You will never miss any precious moments.
- 【2" LCD AND MOUNTING ACCESSORY KITS】 - A larger screen allows you to view videos or pictures more clearly. 18 multifunctional accessories enable you to mount your camera to helmet, bicycles, wrist, etc. Great companion to shoot the exciting moment.
- 170°WIDE-ANGLE 4K ACTION CAMERA - Professional 4K 25fps & 2.7K 30fps video and 16MP photo resolution created by 6 layers optical glass camera lens. All bring you vivid pictures. 170°Wide-angle brings you a wider view.
- 2" LCD 30 METERS WATERPROOF CAMERA - The camera comes with a pretty waterproof case. Not only is it able to bear pressure underwater but also it can protect your sports camera from dust, hits and scratches.
- 2.4GHz WIRELESS WRIST REMOTE CONTROL - Operating on camera is not the only choice. Just press one button, you can have total control of your camera. Very convenient to record moments in places you can't reach.
- BUILT-IN Wi-Fi RANGES UP TO 10 METERES - Download the iSmart DV APP and you can control the camera on your smart phone via Wi-Fi. You can record videos, take photos, set resolution, view and download files.
- TWO RECHARGEABLE HIGH-CAPACITY BARRERIES - When you go out for cycling or diving, 2 1050mAh batteries relieve you from charging the battery frequently. You can completely enjoy happy times with friends.
- 📸【Built-In WIFI ACTION CAMERA】- Download App iSmart on your phone or tablet to connect wifi.WiFi signal ranges up to 33 feet(10 meters). NOTE: This WIFI Action Camera Supports high quality well-known brand Micro SD card up to 32GB class 10 or above, NOT INCLUDED IN THE PACKAGE,please format the sd card before using.
- 📸【 2 Longer Battery Life】 - Save 10% on action camera battery [ASIN:B01CN9E95C] when you purchase this action camera. Enter code WQXBTIYH at checkout. 2 rechargeable 900mAh batteries,each battery records up to about 121 minutes /1080P ,about 91 minutes/720p, no more worry about the recording time for this underwater camera.
- 📸【Waterproof 98 Feet (30M)】 - Save 30% on Camera Floating Hand Grip [ASIN:B01D3D503C] when you purchase this waterproof camera. Enter code LB4CREUE at checkout.This underwater camera with waterproof case enables you to dive up to 98 Feet (30M), exclusively designed for kids, drone , snorkeling, helmets, bike, diving and and water sports
- 📸【Multi Functional Water Camera】with function of looping video,burst photo and time-lapse video. Full HD 1080P ACTION CAMERA &12MP with 170 DEGREE ANGLE- ODRVM sport camera captures stunning 1080P 30fps / 720P 60fps video and 12M photograph resolution. Along with a 170° ultra wide angle, you can capture the most incredible moments.
- 📸【Warranty】-We covered this waterproof digital camera with 30days free replacement or refund,1 year warranty and whole life customer service from the date of purchasing.
- 【Ultra HD 4K Action Camera + Ultra-HD Panasonic Sensor】Professional 4K video with 12MP photos for incredible resolution, 2 Inch HD Large Screen + 170°Ultra wide angle lens, which is 4 times the resolution of traditional normal 1080P HD cameras and only 1/6 of the price of a GoPro camera. Equipped with Ultra HD Panasonic Sensor, capture your world in a more fantastic resolution
- 【Upgraded Imported Chips】To make sure the stability and enhanced performance, COOAU helmet camera used the better quality chips which can give you a more clearer, brighter and smoother videos
- 【Built-in WIFI & HDMI, Edit and Share Your Story Instantly】Downloading App (Ez iCam) on your phone or tablet, to share all your fun activities and extreme sports with the sport camera anywhere anytime. With HDMI function, share your videos and pictures to large TV Screen
- 【Various Photo & Video Recording Mode】Support multiple functions including driving mode, image rotation, time-lapse, loop recording, slow motion, exposure and white balance. Bringing this sports camera to more applicable conditions beyond your expectation
- 【30m ip68 Waterproof+ 20 mounting accessories+ Portable case】Equipped with IP68 waterproof case, designed to withstand extreme environments. With 20 free mounting accessories, ideal for Bike Motorcycle Surfing Diving Snorkeling Swimming Skiing Climbing. Special designed Portable Case. Easy to carry where you want to go
Video Record Your Adventures (This could be you!)
Good morning, ladies and gentlemen. Welcome back to our California motorcycle adventure. We are in Paso Robles. Bikes are packed up, and we’re going to grab a coffee before today’s adventure starts. You might know as of summer 2017, the road to Big Sur, the PCH, is closed on both the north and the south. A lot of people think it’s impossible to get there, but there is a way, and we’re going to show it to you by taking the following steps.
Let’s go. First step: caffeine. Most people are assuming that Big Sur is closed because of landslides that took out the bridges up in the north and also mudslides closer to the south. There’s a ton of parts that are closed and restricted to only local traffic. However, there is a road called the Furgeson Naciamento Road that we’re going to try to take today.
It should drop us down a really narrow canyon and put us right out on the coast. Hopefully, we can have it to ourselves. Big Sur is all about solitude, which is a rare commodity these days. Brother, are you ready for another great day riding? Let’s do it, Bro. G-40 I liked Paso Robles. Me too. It’s chill. A bit busy for my taste.
I prefer the wine culture of Santa Ynez. San Luis Obispo so far sticks out to me as one of the best places that we’ve been. Well, it’s just a younger crowd. They have the university there, and they have a lot of the same things that Paso Robles has, but just catering towards more of our demographic. Look at these houses, though.
Look at this, Dude. This place, Paso Robles, developed a lot in the 1920s. There was a pianist, a Polish pianist, who helped cultivate wine and bring this on the national, an international reputation as a wine destination, in addition to being the natural hot springs that it always was. Today we are heading out of Paso Robles, making our way to Big Sur. Problem is that the highway is closed like we said. So, we’re taking a back route through the mountains, through an army base. We’ve heard from other motorcyclists that it’s a really, really fun road…. very remote, and I’m looking forward to it. I think that it’s one of those situations where what might seem like a roadblock is actually an invitation to get off the beaten path, to try a new way there and in the process, hopefully, discover something even better. Confucius once said that open roads are meant for journeys, not destinations. Let’s go on a journey. All right, you guys.
We’ve just pulled over to the one store out here in the middle of nowhere. We’re at Lockwood. It’s 90 + degrees right now. Seems like all the motorcyclist are doing the same thing, pulling over, getting some shade. How are you feeling? Trying to figure out where the next gas station is because I don’t think there is one until we get to Big Sur. Use one of your little spares. We have fuel reserves that we’re going to have to use to get over the mountain. It’s cool. This is like a really……. I really enjoy this section of the ride because it’s kind of like……….. I never knew that this part of California existed. The mountain range is inland from the coast, but the climate is different. It’s hot. It’s dry. There ‘re oaks, ranches It’s just a different vibe.
Just on the other side is Big Sur and the Pacific Coast Highway. It’s cool Check this out. Jesus is alive. That guy’s bike set off that person’s car alarm. Got to fill up on water. There’re no stops until Big Sur, and it’s like 100 degrees right now. Get it while you can. Looks like we’ve just entered Fort Hunter Liggett. This is a U.S Army base. Welcome to Fort Hunter Liggett. Ladies and gentlemen, we’ve just stumbled upon this awesome mission. Mission San Antonio de Padua right next to Fort Hunter Liggett, actually on Fort Hunter Liggett. Apparently, it’s the third mission in California. We grew up next to the first one, which is in San Diego. It just shows you that the interior of California, back in the day, was really integral to this ranching culture, which formed the history of early California.
At one point there were 1300 natives from the Salinas tribe here with the missionaries, and this was basically a large ranch. It’s such a trip to discover this. It’s right off the military base. If we hadn’t had this detour, there’s no way we would have found it. Beautiful place. Got to come back. It’s all being restored and earthquake proof so it should be around for another couple hundred years. Go take a little walk through here, but continue on to Big Sur. We’ve been driving up the road a little bit, and we’ve just found this beautiful little river. It’s super hot today, so……. should we take a swim? I’m doing it. There’re tons of wasps, and I just got stung twice. It’s hard to meditate when you’re getting stung, but after four days on the road, this is the day when I really feel we are sinking into the moment, really appreciating the here and now, not worrying about what comes next, what happened in the past, just being present. Even though I’m swarmed by bugs, it’s still nice to be here. We’ve just crested the peak, and we’ve just passed a sign that says Road Closed 6 Miles Ahead on 1.
Although we can see Big Sur in the distance, it’s shrouded in clouds and mystery. We don’t know really what lies ahead. We know that we can get down there, but we’re not sure how much of the coast that we can explore. What a magical place, honestly. I love this part of California…… Big Sur, the geography. These mountains are so rugged that there’s really only one way in and out, especially now that the PCH is blocked off from the north and the south. There is only one way in and out. I cannot wait to get down there and to soak it all in. This is my favorite place in California. First sight: the PCH Yes. Now we’ve made it to the end of the road. Our adventure has not ended. We need to go get some gas; we’ve got to go get some food, then we’ve got to go find somewhere to sleep.
Not to mention there’s still 10 miles of coastline to explore. Let’s hop on the bikes and see what else we can find here in Big Sur. Good morning, ladies and gentlemen We slept like babies. We’re totally soaked. We’re pretty much in a cloud, still. Fog that rolled in yesterday has yet to lift so everything is totally soaked. Cheers. Bro. Coffee cheers. Boom. Cheers. We made it. Can you believe it? I can. I need my bike Rocinante because I was not sure whether to try to take her beyond Los Angeles was an exotic dream or whether it was possible, but it’s actually totally capable of traveling long distance. And I can go super far, and it just makes me look at my bike as a vehicle that can take me all the way around the world. I really had a great time with my brother. Rediscovered the joy of motorcycle travel, which I have not felt since almost 10 years ago traveling through Vietnam. Discovered so much of our home state. It’s just been an amazing experience. So thank you, Alex, for getting the idea together to go travel by motorbike together.
Thank you, Marko, for finally saying “yes” because I feel like I’ve been pestering you and annoying you for at least a year now. What was your favorite part? Favorite part……..I think probably the roads out behind Santa Barbara in the Santa Ynez… that kind of ridgeline road where you had views of the mountains to the inland and the coast off to the left, and then also back in Jalama Beach area was gorgeous. Honestly, there’s just nothing better than the freedom of two wheels and the fact that we got to get out on bikes together and explore our home state of California and take all you guys and girls with us. It makes me so happy. I just want to keep doing it. I want to keep going. I don’t want to end it here. We’d love to hear from all you guys and girls out there in the comment section. If you enjoyed this series, please let us know. This is something we definitely want to continue doing. We should give a big thanks to all the companies that helped us make this possible: to Sena for the audio Bluetooth video connection; to Tobacco jeans for our jeans with Kevlar, Pack Animal for my saddlebags, and Rev’it for hooking up Alex’s jacket.
All right, ladies and gentlemen, that’s where we’re going to end it. Hopefully, if you’ve enjoyed this video, this series, make sure you subscribe to our channel and turn on notifications. Give this video a big thumbs-up, and drop a comment and let us know what you thought. In the meantime, stay curious, keep exploring, and we’ll see you guys on the road. Peace…
BestDashCameras has dash cam recommendations for all needs and budgets. We’ve even put together a list of the best dash cams for truckers who also love to record their road trips across the Pacific Coastline.
Please feel free to share this Best of List on your favorite social media channel. Thanks!
* Last updated on 2019-01-18 at 23:28.