Don’t ride without your camera rolling!
There’s nothing better than to be on the road riding, touring the Pacific Coastline with friends on your bikes…
We all have great memories of trips we’ve taken. We even have pictures sitting around the campfire or in cheap motel rooms with bed bugs and bad coffee.
Put Eyes On The Back Of Your Head with Dual Lenses
At Best Dash Cameras, we’ve done the research and have multiple camera solutions loaded with high-tech features for you that will help keep your memories alive.
And best of all, these camera rigs won’t cost you
$1000s for gear with quality specs…
The best camera for motorcycle touring records video and sound from the front and rear of your bike so you never miss a moment again of something you’ll talk about for years to come.
Record Every Moment Of Your Road Trip In HD Video
What to look for in a good camera for your motorcycle…
- You can get camera mounts that will fit anywhere you want your camera to go, even attach an action cam to your helmet for really crazy riding.
- The rechargeable batteries last for hours and you can plug the camera into a 12v accessory outlet or wire it straight in and never have to worry about missing a moment.
- The best camera for bikers is the one that can record for hours in HD 1080 with a wide angle lens – a 32GB SD card provides enough storage to record the day. And you can easily switch out the SD card for more capacity, especially if you’re recording sound, too.
- If you’re going to ride in the rain, also consider a waterproof camera. For more information, you can check out our user’s guide if you still have questions about camera features.
The cameras we’ll go over are perfect for the rider who spends his and her time touring and vlogging the nomad lifestyle on the road.
Below, you’ll find the 10 best motorcycle camera systems and accessories ready to be mounted on your motorcycle whenever you’re ready to roll. And, best of all, some of them can be mounted in your car or truck, too.
Watch This Video From The INNOVV C5 Camera (Featured On Motorcycle.com & Road Runner Magazine)
- Rugged Waterproof Aluminum Casing Designed For All Outdoor Motor Sport Vehicles
- Full HD 1080P Video Resolution at 30 Frames Per Second. Connect to The Smart Phone Application With Built in Wi-Fi
- Various Video Cable Lengths Options to Meet Different Installations Requirements 1.8 meter, 3 meter, 5 meter. (Choose your size when purchasing, only one size is included with camera)
- Waterproof DC 12V to 5V Converter
- INNOVV C5 As Featured On Motorcycle.com WebBikeworld.com and in Road Runner Magazine
Best Camera For Motorcycle Touring (Compare the Specs)
- Pair of 720p (Stipulated) Action cameras for front and back recording simultaneously.
- 2" picture in picture monitor, to view both front and back.
- Recording from your bike's view, rather than your helmet.
- 5 hours of DVR recording through 32GB memory card, with Emergency recording incase of accedent.
- Specially designed for Motorcycle action camera and recording with one year Sykik US warranty
- Rear View Camera, Watch Your Back while riding. An excellent addition to your mirror, helps to eliminate blind spots.
- Pair of waterproof 140 degree wide angle cameras, along with a large 4.5" fully water resistance monitor.
- Loop recording with built-in G sensor for emergency recording. An excellent security system.
- Optional GPS tracker to show your movement on Google map along with your speed in play back
- No battery to charge, starts recording when you move your bike, stops 3 minutes after no movement
- Special Video Recorder Designed for Motorcycle: recording from your motorcycle's view, rather than your helmet
- Front and Rear 1080p Dual Lens: waterproof fisheye camera 130° wide angle; 2 channel recording, allowing you to swap images when playbacking on the monitor (Please note the rear camera shows mirror image)
- 2.7 Inch High Resolution LCD Screen: Please note the monitor isn't waterproof. When it's rainny, you can put the monitor into motorcycle's trunk
- F2.2 Aperture: splendid aperture. Super night vision; The cameras seize light as much as possible and present good image when at night
- Super fast and stable chipset Allwinner V3; advanced H.264 video compression technology; WDR; Loop recording; G-Sensor
- Solid design with polished surface, stainless and stylish
- Professional exterior waterproof car rear view camera, easy to install and operate
- Hi-definition Color CMOS; Clear image
- NTSC TV system; 170 degree visible range
- Perfectly solve the issue of bad car rear view effect; Useful even in dark place
- √ 170° Super Wide Lens - Gives a nearly 180° angle recording through the F1.8 large lens, 6 glass 12 mega long focal length pixel lens , covers 5 lanes without fish eye distortion, you could see a clear image even on lateral side that is almost in line with the front wheels.
- √ Advanced Build-in GPS tracking - More stable and no need extra wire,shows current speed and direction , drive location/speed/G sensor infomation can be playback on google map via EBORN exclusive player at a windows computer. Car license and speed can be stamped on bottom of video footage to allow a better judgement of other road users speed.
- √ Super 2K HD 1296P - With high end professional sports video processor Ambarella A12, Ultra full HD sharp night vision WDR, being able to Capture license plate number both day and night.
- √ Parking monitor - Keep watching and protecting your vehicle when you leave ( should buy extra hard wire kit). Automatic Operation & Supercapacitor: Automatically powers on and starts recording when you start your car and stops when you switch off the engine.
- √ Memory up to 128GB - 13.1ft length dash-cam power cord cable suitable for Cars ,Motorcycle , SUV, Jeep , Trucks. Strongly fixed suction mount,fully adjustable for best viewing and quickly removable. Full 12 month replacement ensure to have a guaranteed warranty.
- 4K Ultra HD 16MP Action Camera ieGeek action camera coming with ultra HD 4K/30fps & 1080P/60fps video and 16MP photos, only 1/3 of the price of a GoPro camera, is unbeatable in performance (2 Inch Large Screen, 170°Ultra Wide Angle Lens, you won't miss out on any background details and the support of 32GB on an Micro SD card will let you store all your photos and videos right on the camera. )
- WIFI Remote Control Action cameras compatible with iOS and Android system. The sports camera allows you control camera via the phone in real time, What is more, instantly send pics and videos via email or share them on social media easily.
- Upgraded Lithium Battery, Longer Battery Life Used the best lithium battery, greatly improved its battery life to 120 minutes in continuing recording. With extra USB charger cable, you even can charge the battery with power bank anywhere anytime. Coming alone with power saving function, never afraid that the power will die out while recording
- Waterproof Up to 30m(98Feet) Depth + 20 Mounting Accessories Equipped with IP68 waterproof case, designed to withstand extreme environments. With 20 free mounting accessories, ideal for Bike Motorcycle Surfing Diving Snorkeling Swimming Skiing Climbing. Special designed Portable Case. Easy to carry where you want to go
- A Perfect Car Dash cam Turn on "Drive Mode" on ieGeek camera, then it will start records automatically once you start vehicle. You will get a perfect dash cam with loop recording and motion detection recording function
- UNIQUE DESIGN：iTrue original triangle and stealth design keeps X6D perfectly fit to engineering and aesthetic. Creative round edge design makes this dashboard camera touch softly.
- LESS is MORE：Only one 3M adhesive tape can solve the installation process extremely easily. More time and money should be saved.
- TWO are ALL：Two Lens system can well cover both front and rear. Dual cameras work simultaneously to give the car a whole protection.
- SMALL but POWERFUL：Never judge a book from its cover. X6D looks slim, but it has lots of functions including Full HD Videos, Superior Night Vision, Super Wide angle, Auto-locking during a vehicle collision, Date Stamp, Plate Stamp, Wide Dynamic Rang and GPS Positioning System for location and speed monitoring (GPS antenna sold separately) More other surprises waiting for your discover.
- iTrue Adavantage：Ready to use right out of the box. One Year Warranty To Cover Any Dash Cam hardware Issues. First Class best support for all customers. All emails would be replied in 24 hours, and 100% satisfaction guaranteed.
- 10ft hardwire kit for dash cameras and other devices that use Micro USB. Our new kit set comes with Low-Profile Mini, Mini, ATO(Regular), and Micro2 Fuse Adapters. Extra length hard wire with the most popular fuse types will meet the applications for most car models.
- 📱/📷 For use with the NuCam DL, Mini 0806, Mini 0805 and Mini 0803, K1S Zero Edge Rexing, Black Box and more
- 📹Perfect for parking surveillance, freeing up outlets in your vehicle
- 🔋Protect your battery: If your cars battery voltage drops to 11.6V/ 23.2V the regulator will cut off the power coming from the car battery. When car batteries are new, they're around 12.5 Volts or more. The regulator will monitor your car battery voltage level and cut the power when it gets to 11.6V. This leaves you with enough power to start your car and recharge the car battery. This Prevents battery over drainage. This hardwire kit is also suitable for 24V systems.
- 🔧Installation is easy and clean withough any help from professionals!
- NO CRASH! NO LAGGING! NO JUMP SECONDS! - This dash cam loaded high standard Novatek NT96655 chip, bring you the best using experience! Super stable working performance! Highest Stability! No suddenly shut down, no lagging shooting, no jump seconds. Bring you the best video records ever. Novatek chip also guaranteed the car camera a long working life. Excellent performance and long working life, be your guardian on the road.
- REAL 1080P SUPER HD QUALITY! ULTIMATE NIGHT VISION! - 6 layers optical glass lens, F/2.0Aperture, real 1080p 30FPS super high quality dash cam provides stunning clear view of the road. WDR+HDR, solve the contrast of light source, improve the quality and clarity of the image, auto Fill Light,As clear as daylight. Also loaded Sony IMX323 CMOS image sensor, all of these offer you the ultimate night vision!
- YOUR SECURITY GUARD ON THE ROAD! - G-sensor will automatically detects accidents, save and lock associated videos, to prevent overwrite it. This car camera also got emergency recording mode, activated by built-in gravity sensor, captures unexpected driving incidents automatically and protects them against being overwritten. Time-lapse recording creates a time-lapse video of your journey.
- NO DEAD END, SHOW THE MOST COMPLETE VIEW! - 90 degree up-to-down rotating lens viewing angle high-resolution 150 degree wide-angle lens. 150 degree wide angle lens allows room for more video to be captured, more data stored. With the wide angle lens, your dash cam will pick up more valuable information on the road. Not afraid of harsh temperature environment. Ideal for most climates: -4 egree to 158 degree F (-20 degree to 70 degree C).
- 1 YEARS WARRANTY - This dash cam are manufactured under strict quality standards to give our customers best experience. For any problem, you can contact us and we will reply you immediately to solve all of your worry. Totally no risk of you! Just add to your cart now!
- Special Video Recorder Designed for Motorcycle: recording from your motorcycle's view, rather than your helmet
- Front and Rear Dual Lens: waterproof fisheye camera wide angle, allowing you to swap images when playbacking on the monitor (Please note the rear camera shows mirror image)
- 3 Inch High Resolution LCD Screen: Motorcycle Action Camera, Sport camera with DVR. With Front camera and back camera , 3" LCD monitor with Picture in picture
- Auto on and Off: The camera will automatically turn on once the car has been started. It will auto shut off once the car has been off. No manual actions need to be taken to turn on or off the camera. So it will not happen if the camera has recorded nothing once forget to turn on the camera
- Real-time Preview & Video & Camera: Support HD real-time preview. You can control the dash cam to record video / pause or take photos when you are in the preview mode
Video Record Your Adventures (This could be you!)
Good morning, ladies and gentlemen. Welcome back to our California motorcycle adventure. We are in Paso Robles. Bikes are packed up, and we’re going to grab a coffee before today’s adventure starts. You might know as of summer 2017, the road to Big Sur, the PCH, is closed on both the north and the south. A lot of people think it’s impossible to get there, but there is a way, and we’re going to show it to you by taking the following steps.
Let’s go. First step: caffeine. Most people are assuming that Big Sur is closed because of landslides that took out the bridges up in the north and also mudslides closer to the south. There’s a ton of parts that are closed and restricted to only local traffic. However, there is a road called the Furgeson Naciamento Road that we’re going to try to take today.
It should drop us down a really narrow canyon and put us right out on the coast. Hopefully, we can have it to ourselves. Big Sur is all about solitude, which is a rare commodity these days. Brother, are you ready for another great day riding? Let’s do it, Bro. G-40 I liked Paso Robles. Me too. It’s chill. A bit busy for my taste.
I prefer the wine culture of Santa Ynez. San Luis Obispo so far sticks out to me as one of the best places that we’ve been. Well, it’s just a younger crowd. They have the university there, and they have a lot of the same things that Paso Robles has, but just catering towards more of our demographic. Look at these houses, though.
Look at this, Dude. This place, Paso Robles, developed a lot in the 1920s. There was a pianist, a Polish pianist, who helped cultivate wine and bring this on the national, an international reputation as a wine destination, in addition to being the natural hot springs that it always was. Today we are heading out of Paso Robles, making our way to Big Sur. Problem is that the highway is closed like we said. So, we’re taking a back route through the mountains, through an army base. We’ve heard from other motorcyclists that it’s a really, really fun road…. very remote, and I’m looking forward to it. I think that it’s one of those situations where what might seem like a roadblock is actually an invitation to get off the beaten path, to try a new way there and in the process, hopefully, discover something even better. Confucius once said that open roads are meant for journeys, not destinations. Let’s go on a journey. All right, you guys.
We’ve just pulled over to the one store out here in the middle of nowhere. We’re at Lockwood. It’s 90 + degrees right now. Seems like all the motorcyclist are doing the same thing, pulling over, getting some shade. How are you feeling? Trying to figure out where the next gas station is because I don’t think there is one until we get to Big Sur. Use one of your little spares. We have fuel reserves that we’re going to have to use to get over the mountain. It’s cool. This is like a really……. I really enjoy this section of the ride because it’s kind of like……….. I never knew that this part of California existed. The mountain range is inland from the coast, but the climate is different. It’s hot. It’s dry. There ‘re oaks, ranches It’s just a different vibe.
Just on the other side is Big Sur and the Pacific Coast Highway. It’s cool Check this out. Jesus is alive. That guy’s bike set off that person’s car alarm. Got to fill up on water. There’re no stops until Big Sur, and it’s like 100 degrees right now. Get it while you can. Looks like we’ve just entered Fort Hunter Liggett. This is a U.S Army base. Welcome to Fort Hunter Liggett. Ladies and gentlemen, we’ve just stumbled upon this awesome mission. Mission San Antonio de Padua right next to Fort Hunter Liggett, actually on Fort Hunter Liggett. Apparently, it’s the third mission in California. We grew up next to the first one, which is in San Diego. It just shows you that the interior of California, back in the day, was really integral to this ranching culture, which formed the history of early California.
At one point there were 1300 natives from the Salinas tribe here with the missionaries, and this was basically a large ranch. It’s such a trip to discover this. It’s right off the military base. If we hadn’t had this detour, there’s no way we would have found it. Beautiful place. Got to come back. It’s all being restored and earthquake proof so it should be around for another couple hundred years. Go take a little walk through here, but continue on to Big Sur. We’ve been driving up the road a little bit, and we’ve just found this beautiful little river. It’s super hot today, so……. should we take a swim? I’m doing it. There’re tons of wasps, and I just got stung twice. It’s hard to meditate when you’re getting stung, but after four days on the road, this is the day when I really feel we are sinking into the moment, really appreciating the here and now, not worrying about what comes next, what happened in the past, just being present. Even though I’m swarmed by bugs, it’s still nice to be here. We’ve just crested the peak, and we’ve just passed a sign that says Road Closed 6 Miles Ahead on 1.
Although we can see Big Sur in the distance, it’s shrouded in clouds and mystery. We don’t know really what lies ahead. We know that we can get down there, but we’re not sure how much of the coast that we can explore. What a magical place, honestly. I love this part of California…… Big Sur, the geography. These mountains are so rugged that there’s really only one way in and out, especially now that the PCH is blocked off from the north and the south. There is only one way in and out. I cannot wait to get down there and to soak it all in. This is my favorite place in California. First sight: the PCH Yes. Now we’ve made it to the end of the road. Our adventure has not ended. We need to go get some gas; we’ve got to go get some food, then we’ve got to go find somewhere to sleep.
Not to mention there’s still 10 miles of coastline to explore. Let’s hop on the bikes and see what else we can find here in Big Sur. Good morning, ladies and gentlemen We slept like babies. We’re totally soaked. We’re pretty much in a cloud, still. Fog that rolled in yesterday has yet to lift so everything is totally soaked. Cheers. Bro. Coffee cheers. Boom. Cheers. We made it. Can you believe it? I can. I need my bike Rocinante because I was not sure whether to try to take her beyond Los Angeles was an exotic dream or whether it was possible, but it’s actually totally capable of traveling long distance. And I can go super far, and it just makes me look at my bike as a vehicle that can take me all the way around the world. I really had a great time with my brother. Rediscovered the joy of motorcycle travel, which I have not felt since almost 10 years ago traveling through Vietnam. Discovered so much of our home state. It’s just been an amazing experience. So thank you, Alex, for getting the idea together to go travel by motorbike together.
Thank you, Marko, for finally saying “yes” because I feel like I’ve been pestering you and annoying you for at least a year now. What was your favorite part? Favorite part……..I think probably the roads out behind Santa Barbara in the Santa Ynez… that kind of ridgeline road where you had views of the mountains to the inland and the coast off to the left, and then also back in Jalama Beach area was gorgeous. Honestly, there’s just nothing better than the freedom of two wheels and the fact that we got to get out on bikes together and explore our home state of California and take all you guys and girls with us. It makes me so happy. I just want to keep doing it. I want to keep going. I don’t want to end it here. We’d love to hear from all you guys and girls out there in the comment section. If you enjoyed this series, please let us know. This is something we definitely want to continue doing. We should give a big thanks to all the companies that helped us make this possible: to Sena for the audio Bluetooth video connection; to Tobacco jeans for our jeans with Kevlar, Pack Animal for my saddlebags, and Rev’it for hooking up Alex’s jacket.
All right, ladies and gentlemen, that’s where we’re going to end it. Hopefully, if you’ve enjoyed this video, this series, make sure you subscribe to our channel and turn on notifications. Give this video a big thumbs-up, and drop a comment and let us know what you thought. In the meantime, stay curious, keep exploring, and we’ll see you guys on the road. Peace…
BestDashCameras has dash cam recommendations for all needs and budgets. We’ve even put together a list of the best dash cams for truckers who also love to record their road trips across the Pacific Coastline.
Please feel free to share this Best of List on your favorite social media channel. Thanks!
* Last updated on 2018-03-20 at 12:03.