I spent 20 years living in Yuma, Arizona, where over 150,000 winter visitors gather every year in motorhome parks. Yup, I’ve seen my share of RV accidents on the road.
Look, I understand your challenges and know why you’re searching for the best dash cam for RV living.
You found someone who totally agrees with your need.
Having a dash cam rolling isn’t a luxury, it’s a must-have, especially when you’re pulling your POV behind your motorhome in rush hour traffic.
We know driving can get hectic real fast, and you never know when some bozo in a small car or motorcycle is going to come up along your blind spot and then cut in front of you.
Listen, I’ve seen it happen many times driving the frontage roads, especially in the foothills near all the RV parks.
Coming home from work one day, I actually saw a fistfight break out at a stop light with a guy in a pickup and another guy in an RV. I guess the guy in the motorhome didn’t move fast enough when the light turned green so the guy in the pickup truck got mad and got violent.
That’s when having a good DVR with a wide view lens comes in handy.
You may not be able to stop someone from cutting you off, but if you get it on video, then it’s easier for you to explain what happened if there’s an accident.
Video Record All Your Close Calls
Protecting yourself from other drivers isn’t the only reason you want a dash cam for your motorhome.
How many times have you seen something happen on the road where you wished you had pictures or video?
Now instead of just telling the story, you can show them the video of what actually happened.
That’s right – think about all the close calls that have happened out in the boondocks when animals ran out in front of your RV.
Or when someone’s vehicle caught fire – or all the wrecks that took place right in front of you while you were driving.
You probably have a million stories to tell, but no video or pictures.
We put together a list of the 10 best dash cams for RV living to help you find a deal that works for you so you can start Vlogging your adventures…
- Wide view lens for capturing video to the left and right of the front of your rig.
- Night vision for those all-nighters that happen when you’re trying to stay on schedule.
- Easy to use operation so you aren’t fumbling with small buttons or controls.
- Long battery life so you’re not stretching power cables across your dash or tangling wires with your other accessories.
- Large storage capacity for storing a lot of video on your long trips across the country.
- High-quality gear with all the best features at the lowest price.
Don’t worry, we’ll list cameras with a variety of features, models, and prices so you can pick the best deal.
Why You need a Dashcam for Your RV
Best Dash Cam For RV (Click on the one you like!)
- DISCREET DESIGN: Signature low-profile design allows the V1 to be a well-hidden witness to the road ahead.
- FULL HD RECORDING: Sony Exmor IMX323 image sensor captures beautiful Full HD 1080p video @ 30fps. WIDE DYNAMIC RANGE allows the camera to perform optimally in any lighting situation by adjusting the exposure to create balanced images and footage.
- 170 DEGREE ULTRA WIDE ANGLE LENS: The 7-layer glass lens opens up to capture a sweeping view of its surroundings.
- LOOP RECORDING: Recorded video is split into 3, 5, or 10 minute segments. When memory card full, new recordings will automatically overwrite the oldest segments. Supports high-endurance micro SD memory cards up to 128GB in memory size.
- ACCIDENT AUTO-DETECTION (G-SENSOR): When the built-in gravity sensor detects a collision, the current video is locked, ensuring important footage is kept protected. Locked video will be kept safe from being overwritten.
- The ADAS (Advanced Driver Assistance Systems) - the most advanced and optimized visual recognition algorithms ensure safe driving by providing real time Lane Departure
- Emergency recording feature - Enabled by G-sensor technology, the camera automatically saves footage in the events leading up to a collision and immediately after
- High Definition Image and First-class Night vision - 1920x1080p 60fps high speed video recording captures fast moving scenes and creates high resolution images in high speed.
- Features 165 ultra wide-angle to reduce blind spots and obtain full 3 lane coverage. F1.8 apertures (the largest in the industry) and 3.0mx3.0m high sensitivity image sensors guarantee excellent night vision
- Built - in 2.7" TFT LCD widescreen and intuitive YI Dash Cam App - The interface features large buttons and user-friendly icons for quick recognition and intuitive operation
- Discreet design: signature low-profile design allows the v1p to be a well-hidden witness to the road.
- Dual-channel recording: record from two separate perspectives by connecting the included discreet rear camera to the front camera.
- Full-hd recording: front camera captures full-hd 1080p video @ 30fps. wide dynamic range allows the camera to perform optimally in any lighting situation by adjusting the exposure to create balanced images and footage.
- Loop recording: when the storage limit is reached on the memory card, new recordings will automatically overwrite oldest recordings. supports high-endurance micro sd memory cards up to 128gb in memory size.
- Accident auto-detection (g-sensor): when the built-in gravity sensor detects a collision, the current video is locked, ensuring important footage is kept protected. locked video will be kept safe from being overwritten.
- Clear Video Capture: The DR01 backs you up in any road incident. Sony Exmor Sensor captures super-sharp 1080p video (and optional in-car audio) with 170° field of view and also performs well for nighttime driving
- Emergency Recording & Loop Recording: Emergency Recording automatically captures unexpected driving incidents and protects the recordings. Loop Recording allows continuous use by writing over old, unneeded footage.
- Extreme Temperature Operation: Powered by the included dual-port USB car charger and internal supercapacitor. The supercapacitor has greater heat & cold endurance and longer lifetime than standard battery technology
- Easy Mounting: Easily and securely mount to your windshield in seconds with the included suction cup or double-sided 3M pad
- Package Contents: AUKEY DR01 Dashboard Camera, Dual-Port USB Car Charger, USB Mini-B Power Cable (4m/4.37yd), Sticker Mount, Three 3M Stickers, Six Cable Clips, User Manual, 45-Day Money Back Guarantee and 24-Month Warranty Card
- 320-degree rotating 120-degree viewing angle high-resolution wide-angle lens. 720P & 480P resolution at 30 fps with AVI format.
- Discreet Design. The camera mounts to the windshield, staying concealed from outside the car.
- Dash-cam works automatically. It starts recording when the engine is turned on and stops when it is turned off. Loop Interval Recording to micro SD Card. The seamless recording means no gaps between recorded files.
- Pruveeo is a professional dash-cam manufacturer. Established in 2000, it employs over 300 people. It provides OEM and ODM services for numerous famous brands around the world.
- Worry-Free Warranty: Pruveeo has total confidence in our products and backs them with a 12-month replacement warranty. Our Official Site: bit.ly/2qNbtEn
- Low-profile 'stealth' dash cam sits unnoticed behind your rear view mirror, ready to back you up in the event of any incident on the road. Sony Exmor Sensor captures everything in super-sharp full 1080p resolution with super-wide 170° field of view and maintains strong performance in low-light conditions for nighttime driving. Captures video (with optional in-car audio) and stills
- Emergency Recording Mode, activated by built-in gravity sensor, automatically captures unexpected driving incidents and protects them against being overwritten. Time-Lapse Recording creates a time-lapse video of your journey. Connect to the AUKEY GM-32 GPS Antenna (available separately) to embed precise location & speed data for fascinating trip tracking on free third-party software and greater protection
- Easily and securely mount to your windshield in seconds with the included double-sided 3M pads. Even easier to remove if you don't want to leave it mounted after your drive - just unplug the power cable and instantly unclip the dash cam from the mount
- Powered by your standard car 12/24V socket via the included dual-port USB car charger (with spare port to charge your phone) and internal supercapacitor. Automatically powers on and starts recording when you start your car and stops when you switch off the engine. The supercapacitor withstands extreme heat & cold better than standard battery technology and has a far longer operational lifetime
- Package Contents: AUKEY DR02 Dashboard Camera, Dual-Port USB Car Charger, USB Mini-B Power Cable (4m/4.37yd), Sticker Mount, Two 3M Stickers, Six Cable Clips, User Manual, 45-Day Money Back Guarantee and 24-Month Warranty Card
- TOTAL NIGHT-VISION: NightHawk technology and WDR (Wide Dynamic Range) video system deliver completely balanced images and footage. Clearly capture license plates-day or night.
- RICH, CLEAR VIDEO: Advanced Sony Exmor IMX323 sensor and Ambarella A12 chipset combine to capture every drive in brilliant, 1080p detail.
- SEE THE WHOLE ROAD: Equipped with an f2.0 wide-angle aperture lens, comprised of 5 lens elements, to capture 4 lanes of traffic and record more than just the car in front.
- EXTREME TEMPERATURE RESISTANCE: Designed with a steel frame to disperse heat away from internal circuits.
- WHAT YOU GET: Roav DashCam C2, Trim Removal Tool, 2-Port USB Car Charger, Suction and 3M Sticker Mounts, User Manual, Happy Card, our 12-month product replacement warranty and friendly customer service.
- 【1080P FULL HD DASH CAM】Simultaneous recording with Super High Resolution 1080P FHD Lens, and 3" large LCD Screen deliver clearer videos&images and replay the key moment even when high speed driving.
- 【170° SUPER WIDE ANGLE】This car driving recorder employs 170°super wide angle lens. Ultra-wide field of view reduces the blind spots and captures more details, to reserve the real scene.
- 【BUILT IN G-SENSOR】With built-in G-sensor, apeman dashboard camera can automatically detect a sudden shake/collision and lock the footage to prevent the video from being overwritten even in loop recording. Accident scene can be truly restored.
- 【SUPER NIGHT VISION】The combination of F1.8 large aperture, WDR, HDR ensures the clarity of images at night. Eliminates the need for an auxiliary light source even in low-light environments, making it easy to obtain sharp, color-accurate images.
- 【EASY TO SET UP & USE】 Motion Detection, Seamless Loop Recording, Parking Monitor satisfy your need for daily driving. Simple installation and operation, no need to worry even for a first time user.
- SONY SENSOR AND FULL HD 1080P - With the SONY 2M CMOS Sensor, the dash cam can take high definition recording, vivid picture and excellent night vision. Car's nameplates as well as street signs can be clearly captured during day and night.
- 170°WIDE ANGLE AND 6G LENS- With 6 glass fixed-focus ultra-wide lens of 170°, you can record more detailed and clear views. For example, you can record 4 lanes of traffic. With 6 glass lens, the dash cam can record more clear and better scenery.
- 2 IR NIGHT VISION LIGHTS AND WDR TECHNOLOGY -With 2 infrared night vision lights, capture every smaller details which cannot be seen while driving at night. Wide dynamic range(WDR) is able to restore the true colors of objects to the greatest extent.
- BUILT-IN G-SENSOR AND FILE PROTECTION - Locking the current footage to prevent it from being overwrotecan while detecting a sudden shake/collision. You can also press power button to manually lock files during recording when there is an emergency.
- 3 METERS MOTION DETECTION DASH CAM - Any subjects moving within 3 meters can be recorded. And recording is auto-stopped if there is no movement within 10 seconds. Please hardwire it or connect it with external battery source when parking.
- Clear License Plate Recording: This dash cam with full HD 1920x1080P video, 30 FPS captures richer and clearer driving details to help you record unexpected.
- Parking Monitor and Motion Detection: Activated by G-sensor, the dash camera locks emergency video, When the accidental collision or someone intends to hurt your car.
- Easy to Install: Suction cup mount installed on the windshield and connected to the cigarette lighter, the car camera will record automatically. 3.0" LCD screen for instant playback and menu selection.
- WDR for clearer Video: Wide dynamic balance technology of the dashboard camera balance the brightness of the driving environment effectively, to reduce the overexposure for a clearer video.
- What You Get: AKASO C200 dash cam, car charger adapter, USB data Cable, Suction Cup, Hardwire Kit ,Five Cable Clips, User Manual, 12-month warranty. Micro SD card not included, 32GB Samsung or SanDisk class 10 SD card recommended.
We covered most of the best dash cams in our list so you don’t have to waste your time screening through 1000s of reviews on 100s of cameras.
And the best part about owning a dash cam is they’re pretty easy to use.
Listen, if you can operate a radar detector or GPS, then you can handle a dash cam.
So whether you’re looking for the best dash cam for RV living just to be on the safe side.
Or, if you want to record the road just in case something exciting happens in front of your motorhome, no problem.
Look, no matter what your reason is for wanting to install a dash cam in your RV, this list should help you find the right gear and deal.
Also, please make sure you don’t forget to order enough microSD memory cards…
Dash Cams for Other Vehicles
Do you have more vehicles that need a dash cam?
We’ve found the best dash cameras in every price range that work well with motorcycles, trucks, cars and off-road vehicles.
- Check out the best dash cams Under $50 if you’re looking for a good budget value dash camera setup.
- Or, take a look at the best dash cams under $200 in the top-tier for better gear.
- And these are the best cameras for motorcycles and recording road trips or off-road action.
- This list of the best dash cam Accessories has add-ons like upgraded mounts, power cables, and microSD cards.
Thanks for visiting Best Dash Cameras. We hope you found the best dash cam for RV living so you can share fantastic road adventure stories…
* Last updated on 2018-11-13 at 11:35.