You’ve found the hottest list of the top 10 best selling dash cameras…
Are you wasting your time bouncing around from review site to review site when you can pick from the most popular dashcams people are already buying?
This list updates 2 times per day so you’ll always be looking at the cameras people are really buying.
The dashcams shown on this page are currently ranking as bestsellers because they’re hot products with a lot of happy customers.
Don’t just take our word for it, see them for yourself and read the reviews…
The Best Selling Dash Cameras (Updated)
To get you warmed up, let’s watch a quick review video first that will help you decide how to chose a dashcam before we rush to the #1 bestseller people prefer the most on the list below. Then, slowly work our way down to number ten – taking time to compare prices, features, and reviews.
Hey, Andrew here. With so many options for dash cameras, which one should you buy? We’re going to compare five popular cameras recommended by the community for their value and performance. To skip to my conclusions click the link above or in the descriptions below. There’s also a link to an extensive written review that you could follow along to this video. Kicking things off are the G1W-C A118-C and Mobius cameras which are popular for their price and video quality. These cameras deliver clear video and are affordably priced between $45 to $80. Two years ago the quality on similarly priced cameras was terrible. At night it looks even worse You can really see the differences in quality with these three cameras. Let’s start with the G1W-C. It looks cheap but it uses decent materials. The body uses a nice matte plastic with a brushed metal face.
It has led lights but they aren’t particularly useful Around the camera there’s a microSD slot a 2.7″ LCD and mini HDMI out. On the front is an F/lens with a 120 degree field of view Unfortunately the mounting area is overly flexible as it only held by small clips. This causes noticeable vibrations in the recorded video, even on smooth roads. Looking at other videos on YouTube this is typical of the G1W. There are four G1W versions all with the same video hardware. We’re using the “-C” which has a capacitor, more on that later. Next is the A118-C. This camera is designed to blend in with your vehicle keeping your camera hidden from thieves. Compared to the G1W it has great build quality The A118 feels sturdy due to the thicker plastic used. When adjusting the camera angle it locks quite solidly. The lens itself has an unknown aperture and construction.
Facing the driver is a inch LCD screen. The USB, AV Out and optional GPS ports are on top. It also takes micro SD. Next we have the Mobius this is this is the smallest dash camera we are reviewing today with supposedly better video quality than the G1W or A118-C. On the top these metallic arrows are heat sinks to keep the electronics cool. On the back, a mini USB for power and a microSD card for storage. The lens on a review unit has an 86 degree field of view but you can buy a wider angle model. If you notice there is no LCD screen which saves space but also requires a computer for setup. Our review unit is the third Mobius version with better electronics. Click the link below to find out more information on lenses and hardware. The last two cameras are the Mini 0806 and MG380G At $120 we can expect better video quality and features. The mini 0806 is the fourth generation of Mini cameras.
It has a stylish tubular design similar to Blackvue cameras. The 0806 is surprisingly well constructed for the number of ventilation holes cut into the camera. On the bottom you’ll find the micro USB port and the and the first SD card slot. On the top is the second microSD card slot and the mini HDMI out. On the side is the power button. The lens has a wider 135 degree field of view with unknown construction. Lastly this large cameras here is the MG380G. Inside a Sony Exmor sensor and Zoran processor is supposed to produce amazing quality videos. The lenses is especially noticeable because of the size and how much it juts out. While the design looks cheap it’s more solid than the G1W especially in the mounting area. Inside you’ll also find the GPS antenna. Looking around we have the different inputs, inch touchscreen LCD and a full-size sd-card slot. Installing all five cameras was simple and required no tools. The G1W & MG380G uses a suction mount which slides into the camera slot. After, similar to a GPS you place the suction cup against the windshield and secure it against the car using a lever.
One problem is that the G1W’s ball joint has less freedom of movement compared to the MG380G as a consequence the G1W was unable to cover the front of my vehicle. Depending on the slope of your windshield this could be a big problem. Looking at the Mobius, it’s really no different except it uses a cradle to hold the camera. The mount is then screwed into the tripod thread. The A118 and Mini 0806 use a clear adhesive tape to attach the camera to the windshield. It’s as easy as you imagine except it’s harder to remove and reuse. The mini 0806 mount has a USB port on both sides of the mount which allows you to install the camera in either orientation depending on your preferences.
The A118 also has a wire hider. This piece of plastic sticks above your camera and holds and hides your wiring out of view. After installing the camera, the power adapter is inserted into your car’s electrical socket. You then run the wire to your camera, and you’re done. Let’s talk about setting up your camera. After installation most cameras are ready to rock, however, you may wish to adjust options like the time and date. In every camera except the Mobius, you can change the settings with ease. The G1W, A118, and 8006 use buttons to access and navigate through the menu. The options are very similar in all three cameras and are easy to understand.
Most settings are self explanatory although you may want to look at your manual or Google the description. Next, the MG380G was especially pleasant to use because of the touch screen and thoughtfully designed menu. Good decision, because you’ll get no help from the menu. It was terrible The Mobius in comparison has to be the hardest camera setup. It’s the only camera which cannot be used after installation.
By default it’s setup as an action camera. You’ll want to enable loop recording at the minimum. To change any settings you have to plug the Mobius into a computer, download and run the MSetup program. Once your laptop recognizes the camera you can change the settings. Luckily the program is well designed and easy to use. All options have a tooltip which clearly describes what it does. It can automatically detect it update the camera’s firmware and synchronize the time and date with the computer’s clock.
The Mobius has two video shooting setting separated by the colors yellow and blue. This is correlated with the colors on the camera. It starts in yellow mode and can load the alternate blue settings by pressing the mode button. During setup I didn’t know that without an SD-card inserted, it becomes a web camera and you can’t change the settings. Quite frustrating. There was also no quick guides or instructions included. They ask you to download a lengthy pdf manual but I quickly gave up reading it. Instead I read briefly what to do off the internet. Overall I did not enjoy my experience with the Mobius. So. Daily use. We looked at how easy each camera was to use. Luckily after setup they were all great, albeit with some minor concerns. The basic operation is hands-free. Dash cameras automatically start recording when they receive power and automatically save, turn off, when power is lost. As well, while turning on all cameras except the Mobius can chime or beep. Good feature as many drivers want to know they’re being protected. One issue with these budget cameras is the lack of an audible warning when they fail to record, from a corrupted SD-card for example.
There is a LCD notification but there’s a good chance you’ll miss it Better cameras such as the Blackvue DR-550 will have a voice prompt letting you know that it’s recording and if it encounters any failures. Another popular feature is the file protection button. This saves video from being over overwritten and often moves it to a different folder for quick retrieval. Let’s face it we all have those enraging moments you want to look at later. In every camera but the Mobius the buttons are raised and easy to identify by touch. On the Mobius the buttons are recessed and non-tactile, making it difficult to use while driving. Finally let’s talk about lithium-ion batteries and capacitors. Both store electricity to run the cameras. Lithium-ion batteries are cheaper and allow you to use your camera outside your vehicle.
They also have a tendency to fail under high heat and ruin your camera. Capacitors are more expensive and store little energy, just enough to shut down your camera. They are, far more reliable under hot weather. We recommend capacitors for most drivers. Let’s take a look at video quality. We tested all cameras side-by-side in both real-world and lab tests where we filmed an ISO resolution chart under identical day and night light values. You can get screenshots of these tests using the link below.
Going to the G1W, A118 and Mobius. We expected similar video quality because they use the same processor and CMOS sensor. But there were some differences. Starting off with generalities the day video is great, sharp, and clear. Even under rapidly changing lighting conditions they all quickly change the exposure. Looking closely the A118-C was the worst of the three with considerably more graininess which reduces details. The G1W and Mobius were very similar excecpt the G1W was shaky because of the camera’s poor construction. This is even more apparent at night because of the slower shutter speed. This can be remedied with tape but it shouldn’t be required. If you look at the Mobius it definitely has the best video quality at night. Everything is better defined, look at the brickwork and business signage, and in part this is due to better video processing and a higher bitrate. The A118C is again the worst, but relatively it’s not too bad. Moving onto our lab tests, under daylight the three cameras are similar. For night tests there is a dramatic drop in quality. The G1W does slightly better than the A118-C due to noise.
For the Mobius we had to double the light as it could not resolve video under the lighting used for the other cameras. Could be a problem while driving in dark environments but with headlights you should be fine. Moving on to the mini 0806 and MG380G. Starting with the MG380G this camera was a clear disappointment. Under all conditions it performs worse than every other camera. There’s significantly more grain and noise. It’s clearly an inferior choice. Lastly, the mini 0806. While it has the best video – the manufacturer is falsely making claims on resolution. They claim their cameras work at 1296P. While the lab tests showed a significant increase in quality both during the day and the night. However in the real world it looks terrible. At night it was blurry. During the day it wasn’t much better and clearly worse than our budget cameras.
Only when we lowered the quality to 1080p only then did the differences in quality start to show. At night the camera can resolve more details, especially in the darker parts of the video. Looking objectively, while the 0806 had better video it wasn’t a significant jump in quality for the money. I also had to manually decrease exposure because it was too bright at night. Overall I’m not very impressed and not a fan of false marking claims. Finally Let’s talk about tradeoffs when you purchase a budget camera. For dash cameras you can have either two of a good price performance, or reliability.
The five cameras reviewed have excellent price and performance. Reliability suffers. For example high heat can warp the plastic sensor mounts causing your camera to go blurry. You can have greater peace of mind if you buy from a local or national retailer. If you purchase overseas to save money you’ll have to ship back any products at your own expense. The winner of today’s competition is the A118-C. While other cameras are cheaper the A118-C offers a great mix of video performance, features ,and simplicity. It’s stealthy design blends in with your vehicle, deterring thieves. The video quality is great for the price. You can actually see license plates at night compared to the cameras from before. While the video quality was worse than G1W and Mobius the A118-C has vibration free video and easy setup. The A118-C is a camera that I can gift to any driver and know that they’ll be satisfied and protected. Make sure you get the “-C”, capacitor version of this camera for increased reliability. The G1W is the cheaper and more fragile version of the A118-C, and it shows. The video quality is better than the A118C but suffers from jumpy video caused by a weakened mounting area.
As well the camera mount has a smaller ball joint which limits range of motion. You may not have the coverage you need depending on your windshield. I would only purchase the G1W if I absolutely had to save money or if didn’t want anything taped to my windshield. The Mobius would be the winner it didn’t have an extraordinarily difficult setup. While it’s very small and captures amazing video, better than the G1W or A118-C. Unfortunately the setup and user interface is not intuitive and I feel brings more difficulties than benefits to the average user. It’s flush buttons also make it difficult to lock passages for future viewing. While this camera has great developer and community support it’s not a good choice for most drivers.
However if you’re comfortable with the technical challenges I think it’s a good buy. There’s a lot to like with the 0806. It has dual SD slots for extended recording, a compact shape, great packaging and accessories. Unfortunately the video quality isn’t significantly better for the price and continued reliability problems are worrying. The version we tested didn’t have GPS logging but you can pick it up for another $10. I personally would not buy the 0806, but if you really like this camera, I would buy it from a local or national dealer just to take care of any issues which may pop up. The MG380G has been a disappointment, while the overall experience in using the camera has been great the video quality was lacking. It has the worst video quality of all five cameras today. Daytime and night-time, the results were simply awful. Originally I was going to review the branded MateGo camera but after further research the recently-released Ausdom A261 and Dome D201 may be better cameras for the price.
Subscribe if you want to see my review. I hope you enjoyed the review. There’s links below to reputable retailers for the products reviewed today and as well I hope you share with anyone who might need a dash camera as everyone deserves to be protected..
- DISCREET DESIGN: Signature low-profile design allows the V1 to be a well-hidden witness to the road ahead
- LOOP RECORDING: Video can be recorded in 3, 5, or 10 minute segments. When the storage limit is reached on the memory card, new recordings will automatically overwrite oldest recordings
- Supports high-endurance micro SD memory cards up to 128GB in memory size
- ACCIDENT AUTO-DETECTION (G-SENSOR): When the built-in gravity sensor detects a collision, the current video is locked, ensuring important footage is kept protected. Locked video will be kept safe from being overwritten.
- FULL HD RECORDING: Sony Exmor IMX323 image sensor captures beautiful Full HD 1080p video @ 30fps. WIDE DYNAMIC RANGE allows the camera to perform optimally in any lighting situation by adjusting the exposure to create balanced images and footage
- The ADAS (Advanced Driver Assistance Systems) - the most advanced and optimized visual recognition algorithms ensure safe driving by providing real time Lane Departure
- Emergency recording feature - Enabled by G-sensor technology, the camera automatically saves footage in the events leading up to a collision and immediately after
- High Definition Image and First-class Night vision - 1920x1080p 60fps high speed video recording captures fast moving scenes and creates high resolution images in high speed. Note: Requires 8 - 64GB Class10 or above microSD card, sold separately
- Features 165 ultra wide-angle to reduce blind spots and obtain full 3 lane coverage. F1.8 apertures (the largest in the industry) and 3.0mx3.0m high sensitivity image sensors guarantee excellent night vision
- Built - in 2.7" TFT LCD widescreen and intuitive YI Dash Cam App - The interface features large buttons and user-friendly icons for quick recognition and intuitive operation
- Discreet Design. The camera mounts to the windshield, staying concealed from outside the car.
- APP supports both IOS & Android systems, allowing users to view, configure, and download HD video through WiFi in real time.
- Pruveeo is a professional dash cam manufacturer. Established in 2000, it employs over 300 people. It provides OEM and ODM services for numerous famous brands around the world.
- This item has sold more than 30,000 units on Amazon and comes with one year free warranty service.
- Worry-Free Warranty: Pruveeo has total confidence in our products and backs them with a 12-month replacement warranty. Our Official Site: bit.ly/2qNbtEn
- 【Dual Lens 1080P Dash Cam】Based on the powerful Novatek NT96660 CPU, equipped with advanced Sony Exmor IMX323 sensor (inside car camera) and OV4689 (front car camera) image sensor, the dual 1080P dash cam simultaneously captures the road front (170°) and inside the cabin (140°) in crystal details at dual 1920x1080P 30fps. Or utilize the front cam only to record road front at 2560x1440P@30fps or 1920x1080P@60fps, capturing license plates clear.
- 【Infrared Night Vision w/Sony Sensor】Advanced sony IMX323 sensor, F2.0 6-glass lens rear facing cam plus 4 IR LED lights greatly enhances night vision inside car at low light environment, making your driving more safer at night. F1.8 6-glass lens front facing cam and unique HDR video system automatically balance the light and dark areas of the video. Simply toggle the night vision status by pressing the power button.
- 【Parking Mode & Auto LCD OFF】24 Hours Motion activated parking mode makes the dual car camera to automatically record when it detects motion in front of your car • Auto start and record when the ignition sparks up • Auto LCD OFF timer ensure you won't be disturbed by another glowing rectangle on your windshield• Ideal for most climates:-4°-158°F (-20°-70°C) • Excellent audio recording with built in micphone • Time lapse function automatically takes photos at specified intervals
- 【Looping Recording & G-Sensor】Seamless Loop Recording overwrites the oldest footage with the newest upon filling a card to capacity. Variable sensitivity G-sensor auto detects a sudden shake/collision and emergency locks the footage to "Event File" to prevent that video from an overwrite. Supports up to 64GB microSD cards. Optional GPS to track the driving route, location and speed(To use GPS function, please buy an extra gps mount Asin: B01JUAV1C6).
- 【Total Peace of Mind w/18m Warranty】Full 18m Warranty, email replies within 24H, and 100% Satisfaction Guarantee • Pay less auto insurance • Your witness for accidents and insurance claims • Perfect dual lens dash cam for uber, taxis, rideshare, lyft drivers, commuters, and families• Works with 12V and 24V vehicles.
- HIDDEN CAMERA DESIGN: Unlike original car dash cam, ZOTO WiFi car DVR camera can be hiding it from sight and installed on the windshield below the rearview mirror, providing a clear view for the driver, minimized the effect on driving view, and hardly noticeable.
- WIDE ANGLE, ULTRA HD RESOLUTION: 170 degree viewing angle lens make a full HD 1080P video, wide angle lens provides a superior field of view, high resolution supports clear recording.
- COMPACT SIZE, MULTI-FUNCTIONAL DEVICE: Samll size design, but with alot of function. Support motion detection function can be realized car theft and evidence collection, built-in G-Sensor collision detection sensor, loop recording, auto power off, all of these function can be setting by yourself.
- EASY INSTALL AND OPERATION: Simple mounted to windshield, connect power cable, the car dvr recorder can be worked. Build-in WIFI, you can watch the live real time video, set the camera, playback the records files on cellphone, copy the video files to cell phone and share on the internet, delete the records files on the app. WIFI app Support IOS & Android System, searh WCVR-PWD, in your app store. Captures all details on road and guard your safe drive.
- PRODUCT GUARANTEE: You can buy with confidence because we want your 100% satisfaction. If the product did not meet your expectations or if you need a replacement please do not hesitate to contact us. All the purchases of ZOTO WIFI Car DVR Camera are guaranteed with money back in 30 days and 12 months warranty! Note:The file can be download and saved on Android phone, for iPhone, the file just can be saved on the APP and need remove the micro SD card from the cam and view recorded video on laptop
- This high definition Rotatable LCD Vehicle DVR with 120 deg View Angle Day Night Video Camera with 6 IR Leds. Automatically captures unexpected driving incidents. With 2.5 inch TFT LCD,270° whirl,clearly record and user-friendly.Best best quality design.
- Smart and convenient recording/monitoring, Dashboard Car DVR , HD Dash Cam, DVR Accident Video Recorder. The high quality video & audio can be timely and strong evidence to address accident and distinguish responsibility.Easy to store or carry.It can support up to 32G card. The video is saved in the SD/MMC memory card. (Note:Memory card no included in the package).Recording resolution:1280x960 / 720x480 / 640x480 pixels.
- Use built-in battery, connect with USB cable of car charger. DVR will record automatically when the car starts, turn off and save the last file when the car stops.Lecmal Mini DVR provides seamless loop-cycle recording function can let you keep the eye on what you care.Package included:Micro USB Cable + USB Car Charger + User Manual.
- The DVR Camera is manufactured and sold by Global dealing shop. There include a user manual in the package for your reference,if you still don't know how to operate, please feel free to contact us.I will solve the problem for you in time.
- Peace Of Mind Guarantee: Every econoLED DVR Camera comes with a one year "Peace of Mind" replacement guarantee against defects in our premium materials and quality workmanship.The DVR Camera is shipped form US warehouse.The shipping time may take 3-6 working days.It's very fast ship!
- 【Your Professional Witness】The vehicle blackbox DVR with 3.0 inch LCD display, Ultra 1080P HD image processing chipest and CMOS image sensor and 6 layers glass lens to create clear and delicate images quality and restore every detail of the scene, never miss an important moment
- 【WDR Superior Night Vision】Wide Dynamic Range Technology automatically adjusts night and daytime lights, super 170 wide angle, 9 unique infrared LED light to help in capturing smaller details and create higher quality pictures, videos and super night and daytime vision
- 【G-Sensor and Parking Monitor】Trigged by G-Sensor, auto-lock and record current files when dash/brakes/sharp turn and emergency happens. Auto-turn on and record when someone try to destroy your car or steal something from your car, making sure your car and property are safe in paking
- 【Loop Record and Motion Detection】【NO TF card include】, Support up to 32GB card, please use the TF card that match SDHC. Automatically overwrite oldest unlocked video with the newest one. Automatically detect when the frames move when you car is in operation
- 【What You Will Get】High quality ShiRui Dash Dashboard Camera x 1, Holder button x 1, Car Charger x 1, User Manual x 1, 24 hours friendly customer service and 30 days money back guarantee and 18 month warranty and lifetime support for your total satisfaction
- FULL HD 1920x1080 Recording at 30 fps, Begins Recording as Soon as Car Moves
- Motion Detection Recording When Parked, Super Wide 170 Degree Angle of Recording View
- Loop Interval Recording to micro SD Card, SD Card Included
- f/2.0 Six-Glass Lens with Night-Vision, WDR Enhanced Image Quality, HD Photo Capture Mode
- Unparalleled USA Lifetime Customer Support, And Backed By Our 5 Year Hassle-Free Warranty
- 1080P Dash Cam: Super compact size mini dash cam(2.55 x 2.35 x 0.42 inches), Full-HD 1920*1080 at 30 fps+WDR provides great video quality and super night vision, achieve the best image quality, Enjoy your journey with much more safety.
- High-resolution wide Angle lens: 170° wide angle able to capture the entire road ahead, your own independent witness, clear video evidence potentially critical in an insurance claim, making your life easier and safer.
- Various Amazing Functions:Car camera by G-sensor, the dashboard camera will automatically lock videos of unexpected incidents, which can help to address accident and distinguish responsibility. With loop recording, motion detection, parking monitor, night vision, emergency lock, timestamp, instant playback, WDR, bring you a safe driving experience.
- Durable & Safety Metal Shell: With zinc alloy metal shell, it has good performance of heat dissipation, anti-collision and explosion-proof.
- EASY "Plug & Play" INSTALLATION :Simply mount it to windshield, connect the power cable, the car camcorder will automatically record whilst driving.. Multiple user interface languages Supported: English,French, Spanish, German, Italian, Russian, Japanese.
- 320-degree rotating 120-degree viewing angle high-resolution wide-angle lens. 720P & 480P resolution at 30 fps with AVI format.
- Discreet Design. The camera mounts to the windshield, staying concealed from outside the car.
- Dash-cam works automatically. It starts recording when the engine is turned on and stops when it is turned off. Loop Interval Recording to micro SD Card. Seamless recording means no gaps between recorded files.
- Pruveeo is a professional dash-cam manufacturer. Established in 2000, it employs over 300 people. It provides OEM and ODM services for numerous famous brands around the world.
- Worry-Free Warranty: Pruveeo has total confidence in our products and backs them with a 12-month replacement warranty. Our Official Site: bit.ly/2qNbtEn
Recommend reading for you:
* Last updated on 2018-02-25 at 10:04.